15 juli 2010

Merel Zwart


Space Invaders

Time Machine

Paradise Lost

I don't blog a lot about photography. Maybe it's because I see a lot of it and I don't get impressed easily. Merel Zwart is a Dutch photographer whom I really like and I follow on Twitter. We've never met, but I'm sure we will one day.
I thoroughly enjoy her 'Utopitect project' from which you can see a few examples above. I love the way she has an illustrative eye.

In her project ‘Utopitect’, Merel (re)constructs images of political ideologies and technological progress, taking the viewer back in time, yet at the same time, offering a critical view of the future. Her autonomous/documentary work blurs the boundaries of past and present, dreams and reality, progress and stagnation, emotion and reason.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...