7 januari 2011

Joost Swarte






I've always loved Joost Swarte's work, although I haven't really kept up to date with his work lately.
Joost Swarte started as a Design Academy student but left school before he graduated and became a comic book creater. But in the eighties he he changed from drawing comics to illustrating and grahic art. He designed and/or illustrated posters, stamps, type, furniture, stained glass, murals and even a building in Haarlem.
He has a very recognizable style, the clear line style, claire ligne. In fact Joost Swarte coined the term. The most influential of the claire ligne artists was Hergé –the creator of the popular comic 'The Adventures of Tintin.'

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...