30 april 2010

Happy Queensday!


Today the Dutch celebrate Queensday, so orange is the colour of the day. At Queensday we celebrate Queen Beatrix' birthday. Her actual birthday is in January, but who cares! It's a day off for everyone, exept for the Queen, she has to visit the festivities in one or two villages. In lots of towns people sell their stuff on the street, so fleamarkets all over!

Queen Beatrix is a House of Orange descendant which means that the whole country is coloured orange.
These royalty-loving pins are from the early sixties, I photographed them over at my parents house.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...