29 oktober 2010

Graduation show 2010 Design Academy #1

During the Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven I attended the Graduation Show 2010. Graduation works of both the Bachelor and the Masterstudents who graduated from the Design Academy in Eindhoven. I'll post a few projects I liked.

Eveline Visser graduated from the design department 'Man and public space'.
She designed Bird City, a city for a mixed bird community. 33 nesting boxes, catering for the housing needs of 33 different species of birds, to form a breeding ground for the winged inhabitants of the city. The design requires a delicate touch: the blue tit wants an opening with a 28 millimetre diameter; the great tit wants 32 millimetres, and the tawny owl will not enter below 80. While one type of bird wants a squat and wide little house, another may prefer a tall and narrow one. Bird City offers something for everyone!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...