20 oktober 2010

Susan Kare



Without actually realising it, Susan Kare infuenced and changed my professional life. She began her career at Apple Inc. where she was the screen graphics and digital font designer for the original Macintosh computer. Her icons made the computer accessible and even attractive to me. Before I got in touch with WYSIWYG, I was quite 'scared' of computers.
According to the Museum of Modern Art in New York Susan is 'a pioneering and influential computer iconographer. She has designed thousands of icons for the world's leading software companies. Utilizing a minimalist grid of pixels and constructed with mosaic-like precision, her icons communicate their function immediately and memorably, with wit and style.'

So, besides Steve Jobs, I would like to thank Susan for making me love my Mac!

1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...